Need to Fix or Replace Your Toilet? Call Us!
A broken toilet is a major inconvenience that needs to be remedied as soon as possible. If you're looking for a local plumber in League City who can repair or replace your toilet, look no further! Epic Plumbing has been proudly serving the south Houston area since 1996 and is ready to resolve your toilet issues quickly and affordably.
Don't hesitate to get in touch with us today for help with any of the following common toilet problems:
- Toilet flushes by itself
- Toilet constantly runs
- Clogged toilet
- Leaking toilet
- Loose flush handle
- Weak flush
- Cracked toilet tank or seat
- And much more
Our team is highly qualified and equipped with quality tools and products for long-lasting solutions. We accommodate same-day service requests whenever possible and are pleased to offer no-nonsense, upfront pricing.
Call (281) 815-2322 to get prompt help with your toilet.
Denesse Owner Read More
Bryant General Manager Read More
Todd Operations Manager Read More
April Office Manager Read More
Heather Service Manager Read More
Finn Team Leader Read More
Axl Moral Support Read More
Sergio Journeyman Plumber Read More
AJ Service Plumber Read More
Juan Service Plumber Read More
Michael Service Plumber Read More
Wayne Service Plumber Read More
Dylan Service Plumber Read More
Gabe Service Plumber Read More
Chad Service Plumber Read More
Juan Apprentice Plumber Read More
Ben Apprentice Plumber Read More
Jeremy Apprentice Plumber Read More
Jesus Apprentice Plumber Read More
Brian Apprentice Plumber Read More
Jake Service Manager Read More
Jonathan Service Plumber Read More
Louis Apprentice Plumber Read More
Mark Service Plumber Read More
Pedro Warehouse Manager Read More
A leaking toilet can be caused by various issues. Here are some common reasons why your toilet may be leaking:
Damaged Wax Ring
- Cause: The wax ring seals the connection between the base of the toilet and the sewer pipe. If the wax ring is damaged, worn, or not properly sealed, water can leak out.
- Solution: Replace the wax ring. This involves removing the toilet, scraping off the old wax ring, and installing a new one before reseating the toilet.
Loose Toilet Bolts
- Cause: The bolts securing the toilet to the floor may become loose over time, causing water to leak around the base.
- Solution: Tighten the bolts. If they are corroded or damaged, consider replacing them. Ensure the toilet is level and does not wobble after tightening.
Cracks in the Toilet Tank or Bowl
- Cause: Cracks in the porcelain of the tank or bowl can lead to water leakage.
- Solution: Unfortunately, if there are cracks, the only solution is to replace the affected component, either the tank or the bowl.
Faulty Toilet Tank Components
- Cause: Leaks can occur from the tank if components such as the fill valve, flush valve, or flapper are faulty or improperly sealed.
- Solution: Check and replace any damaged components. Ensure that the seals are tight and functioning properly.
- Cause: Condensation on the outside of the tank can sometimes be mistaken for a leak. This happens when warm, humid air comes into contact with the cooler surface of the toilet.
- Solution: Insulate the tank with a tank liner or foam insulation to prevent condensation.
Toilet Overflow Tube Issues
- Cause: The overflow tube is part of the flush valve assembly in the tank. If the water level is set too high or the tube is damaged, water may overflow into the bowl and onto the floor.
- Solution: Adjust the water level in the tank to the recommended level and replace the overflow tube if it is damaged.
Cracked or Damaged Toilet Supply Line
- Cause: The water supply line connects the toilet to the plumbing system. If it is damaged or has a crack, water can leak.
- Solution: Inspect the supply line for any visible damage and replace it if necessary.
Toilet Flush Valve Seal Issues
- Cause: The flush valve has a seal that can degrade over time, leading to leaks into the bowl.
- Solution: Replace the flush valve or just the seal if it is worn out.
If you are unsure about diagnosing or fixing the issue, or if the leak persists after attempting repairs, it's advisable to consult with a professional League City toilet repair plumber at Epic Plumbing to identify and address the problem. Ignoring a toilet leak can lead to water damage and increased water bills, so don't delay in getting our advice!
There are several reasons to consider replacing an old toilet. While the decision ultimately depends on the specific circumstances and condition of the toilet, here are common reasons why people choose to replace their old toilets:
- Water Efficiency: Older toilets often use more water per flush compared to modern, water-efficient models. Replacing an old toilet with a WaterSense-certified or low-flow toilet can significantly reduce water consumption and lower water bills.
- Cost Savings: Newer toilets with water-saving features can lead to long-term cost savings on water bills. Over time, the reduced water usage can offset the initial cost of a new toilet.
- Technological Advancements: Modern toilets come with advanced features such as dual-flush options, touchless flushing, and pressure-assisted flushing systems. These features can enhance functionality and convenience.
- Improved Flush Performance: Over time, the flushing performance of older toilets may decline, leading to issues such as clogs and incomplete flushes. Upgrading to a new toilet can improve flush performance and reduce the need for multiple flushes.
- Aesthetic Upgrades: If you are renovating your bathroom or simply want to update its appearance, replacing an old toilet with a new one can be a significant part of the aesthetic upgrade. Modern toilets come in various designs and styles to complement different bathroom decors.
- Comfort and Height: Newer toilets often offer improved comfort and may be available in different heights to suit individual preferences. Comfort height toilets, for example, are taller than standard toilets and can be more comfortable for some users.
- Avoiding Constant Repairs: If your old toilet frequently requires repairs, and you find yourself dealing with issues like leaks, cracks, or worn-out components, it may be more cost-effective to replace the entire toilet rather than continually investing in repairs.
- Increased Home Value: Upgrading bathroom fixtures, including toilets, can enhance the overall value and appeal of your home. Potential homebuyers often appreciate modern and efficient bathrooms.
Before deciding to replace your old toilet, assess its condition, consider the benefits of upgrading, and weigh the potential cost savings over time. If you're uncertain or need guidance, Epic Plumbing would be happy to provide valuable insights and assistance in choosing the right toilet for your needs.